Cuddling with Grandpa

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Unexpected Curves

One never knows what a day will bring. I had a quiet morning. I made a batch of lemon tarts for my grandson as he is 14 today, St. Paddy's Day.  Matthew and his Grandpa share the love all things lemon! Forget the chocolate cakes and cheese cakes, just give them something lemon.
This afternoon my friend and I went out on a few errands and I came home to enjoy a quiet time. My daughter called from Parksville  to tell me how excited she is that I will soon be visiting them. After a nice chat and our Irish Day greetings, Jim and I had a none green supper.
Then my daughter called back - ok - this isn't good. My antennae were quivering. Sure enough, she called to tell me that my sisiter who lives in Langley is quite ill. When I called my sister's home, her friend answered and told me he had just called an ambulance. So here we are waiting to hear the prognosis. My baby sister has several rare and potentially dangerous forms of autoimmune diseases: her health is precarious at the best of times. I am sitting here hoping for good news and fearing the worst. She had called me one day last week asking about our Ireland connections. She told me that she wasn't really well so if she was to get over the water to visit our ancestral land she needed to go soon. That should have been my cue.
I am thankful that I am flying west  very soon. I want to see her. She was born when I ws 15 and I loved that wee babe so much. When I left home, she was the one I pined for.
I am sorry my post is a  downer tonight but, God willing, tomorrow the sun will shine and all will be well.
Here's a toast to optimism!

1 comment:

  1. Donna - I am so sorry to read about your sister. I hope you have good news by now. She is in my prayers. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete