Cuddling with Grandpa

Friday, February 11, 2011

What a wonderful day!

I have been riveted to the telly this week. Watching the Egyptians struggle for freedom as I sit safely in the warmth and security of my home has been surreal. I only hope that now they are rid of their dictator, they will be able to enjoy the democracy that suits their people.  I wish them the peace and the luxury of free speech that we in Canada enjoy. Their struggle to make Egypt a thriving country has just begun but oh, my --- what a wonderful start. I salute the brave women and men of Egypt.

Harriet and I went to our favourite scrapbooking store for a party today! It was her"coming out' event. LOL. We had pizza and drinks in the back room of the store. It was a fun hour as we shared stories and laughs. Thanks Harriet, for hosting this lunch. Of course, we had a few new toys find their way into our shopping baskets.

All in all, it has been a fabulous day. Let those freedom bells ring.
Cheers from Donna

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a fun day together! I'll bet it was a nice change for the staff at the store too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great day Donna!!!With lots of giggles!! see you soon! Nikki

    ReplyDelete